Tuesday, March 22, 2005

wake-up call


This birdie greeted me in the morning.


Today, i woke up to strange noises that didn't let me sleep. It sounded something like a powerdrill so i presumed some neighbour of mine must be renovating their apartment or installing screws to hold pictures or something like that. At any rate, the noises were so annoyying i couldn't sleep. So i got up, grumbled a little, and walked towards the kitchen to have a glass of water. The picture above is what greeted me. As i live on the fourth floor, for a second or two i was really baffled. Then i understood what the cage thingie was for.

Can't say that i don't like what the man was doing, though. My view is so much better now. They cut down or shortened many of the trees in front of my house. I bet the old people on the lower floors were complaining that they don't get enough light. They do that every year. And they cut the trees every year. I wonder how long this will go on. Eventually, we ought to run out of trees, no?

No comments: